Monday, December 15, 2008

What a fun weekend!

Christmas tree shopping

Hey Y'all! Well, I 'm going to ring in this new year as a 30 year old! Scary! My 30th birthday was Thursday and we celebrated this weekend. Dan rented us a room at the Inn at the Market, right above Pike Place market, got us some babysitters for the night (Grandma and Grandpa Jaramillo) and we had dinner and some dancing with friends in Belltown. IT WAS SO FUN! I missed Luka terribly but did very well considering. No crying. :) Even in the crazy snow, people turned out and we had such a fun time.

Walking to the next place in the snow!


Rach and I dancing! At this time we were the only ones in the club (we're old, people that get to the club late are much younger than us, beside, we got the best spot! A podium all to ourselves!)


My Mamas! Braving the weather and leaving their children at home. :)


Pike Place market under snow. The view from the rooftop terrace at the hotel.


Friday night Luka was the baby Jesus in the Live nativity at Highline Christian Church. It was really neat. There were donkys, sheep, and llamas! The poor cast had to be out in the terrible weather Friday and Saturday. Their spirits were good though. Luka participated in 2 shows. She was under cover in the magner swaddled up in Mary's arms, so she stayed very warm. She enjoyed the spotlight, she just looked around at all the people and animals, she never cried! During the last show she fell asleep. Too cute.
Luka, I mean Jesus, sleeping. Mary is really pregnant!


Luka's First walk in the snow! All bundled up! She probably can barely breathe from all the clothing she has on. Plus I zipped her up in Dan's giant jacket. Her feet hanging out the bottom crack me up. She stayed really warm and our body heat together kept me warm.


Jeez... I forgot how long it's been since I posted... alot has happened. Here are some photos of Dan's Company Holiday Party at the Museum of Flight. Luka opens her first present!

It was a phone! And apparently she knows what to do with it! HA!


And lastly... she decorated the Christmas tree with us.

Luka says, "thanks for reading, Happy holidays!"

4 comments:

Jenny said...

so cute!

Happy Belated Birthday! I remember that now...thinking perhaps I'd have Wes on your birthday- way off ;)

And Luka is a hilarious baby Jesus.

and she's HUGE! How did she grow up so quickly?

Unknown said...

You are looking smokin mama! I'm sorry I missed the fun, but hope to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Bek, The picture at the tree lot is absolutely the best! If you click on it you can see _both_ toofers! What a pair. I love you both so much.

Dad

taramfarquhar said...

I can't believe Luka didn't cry once during her Nativity debut. COOLEST BABY EVER!!