Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Transitions

Tonight we took the side rail off Luka's crib. We purchased a twin big girl bed for her the other day, but it seemed like too much of a jump to put her in the giant twin straight from a crib. So we took the front rail off and added the toddler guards.

Our usual nightly routine is Lu's special ni-night song which involves an ending where I am cradling her in my arms and then I lay her down. Tonight I made it as far as laying her down before she stopped me and said, "no mama, I do it my self". She then crawled out of bed and climbed back up in with a big smile on her face. I still tucked her in. ;)

15 minutes later she climbed out of bed and came to the door to tell me that her binky fell down. But its been about 30 minutes and I think were good. I am not kidding myself to think that my smartie little girl is not going to figure out ways to push the envelope... I know there will be nights I end up with a toddler in my bed, but I love my little girl even when she is skeeming.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

1 comment:

Pants said...

Aww how exciting! Go Lu!