Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh our little savior! And a little tooth.

We have been having a terrible time getting Luka to take the bottle. She did great when we started her at around 6 weeks, for about 2 months. Then suddenly she would not take it. I've tried multiple nipples including a bottle that cost FOURTEEN DOLLARS! Actually it cost $28, because on the first trip to purchase the bottle I unknowingly dropped it outside the car as I was loading Luka up, and came home with out it. We had to go back the next day to get another one. I have a few sippy cups around for Colin and JoJo to use so I tried to see if she might like those as well. She seemed to like the idea but the part that you sip from was a little too big and hard for her mouth. Not to mention that there are 3 giant holes that the milk streams out of, so she was choking on the milk. We found these sippy cups at Target called sippy trainers. (Green jar Luka is feeding her self with... genius! I swear!) The part they put in their mouth is soft and she can gum it. She took it like a champ. And they were only $3 for two! We also, just incase the sippy cups weren't a hit, purchased one more bottle. She took that too!!! I am not sure if we just happened to find two ways to feed Luka by chance though. She has been teething and the tooth has popped out in the last few days.... it's possible that all the trouble with the bottles was just because of her teething. None the less.... we're going out to party.... WHO WANTS TO BABY SIT!?!?!?! She'll be good for you (i hope). As today comes to a close and I sit infront of the fire, filling out my ballot, I am relishing in the fact that we've had 2 days of successful bottle taking. YEA!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

i can't believe she's already teething! she seems so advanced rebekah...you may have a baby genius on your hands!

Zach, Erin, Colin and Tate said...

Holy Cow- she is growing so fast! I love those pics. Gail is also going to love the duck pics.

Margo said...

I am oh so ready to babysit. So is Danielle!

Anonymous said...

I knew it..I knew it ! Grandpa is very proud of the girl and her first toofer!

Anonymous said...

I knew it..I knew it ! Grandpa is very proud of the girl and her first toofer!