Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birdwatching for Valentines Day

My husband is truly great. He knows how much I love surprises and how much I love taking drives. I just love it. On Saturday he made pancakes and mimosas (YUM!) and then we got ready and hit the road. I had no idea where we were going, which I don't mind 1 bit! We ended up in the Skagit Valley. Dan had read an article in the Seattle Times about the area and how many birds are there at this time. I don't think that I would have ever chose this to do my self, but OMG it was SO much fun! We saw a TON of bald eagles, and hawks and blue herons, and a ton of others that I have no clue what they were. If you guys are looking for something to do for the afternoon it's a great drive. So beautiful and amazing to see. It would also be a great place to ride a bike. It's flat in alot of places and there is so much to see. Here's some photos of our day. 4 bald eagles and a hawk!



Love you all.

2 comments:

Zach, Erin, Colin and Tate said...

I love that last pic of just Luka. She is a looker

Kelly said...

She is a doll. Next time you are up in the skagit area let me know